Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mountains and Molehills

The situation in your country has been intense, girl.  We've been reading stories daily about the political tension.  Just recently, the rain officially poured down on our parade when we read that all adoptions in Crimea ceased immediately upon Russia's seizure of the region!  Families that were there to pick up the children they long awaited to bring home were sent back to America without any remorse or hope of reconciliation!  It is simply unimaginable.  How heartbroken we would be, coming this far with you and experiencing God in this way, for it only to end so abruptly.  It really made us think: are we wholly committed to carrying out His will?  Even if it might mean having to praise Him if our ending isn't "and they lived happily ever after?"

Before we even had the chance to wrap our minds around the fear of all the new "what ifs", the Lord showed up like a White Knight in Shining Armor and moved yet another mountain!  We received a call from our agency: the home study was completed, approved, and overnighted to INS.  Because of the turmoil in the Ukraine, all adoption requests are being expedited!  Rather than August, we're now being told to plan for June to travel there and bring you home!!!  Our prayers for the powers-that-be to feel a sense of urgency were answered!  We get to see you months sooner than we had planned, and hopefully get you out of the country safely before they can tell us "no"!

And that's not even the end of the miracles He performed for us this week!  There are so many significant and thoughtful ideas that our creative friends have shared with us that I long to make happen for you.  The ideas were originally to help us raise money, but more importantly, they would give you a visual of just how many people truly love you and care about your future!!  One of the ideas was to create a prayer quilt--a quilt made up of pieces that people have handwritten prayers on, or crafted, or embroidered, etc.  This was quite possibly the coolest idea, but I was concerned that it just wasn't feasible to execute before you came.  I spoke with a girlfriend about it Friday morning, trying to devise a plan of action, but still felt my expectations were too unrealistic.  Friday afternoon, I hear my cell  ringing while I was in the shower.
     *Three things you must know about me first to grasp how truly miraculous this event was: 1) I never  
     answer my phone; 2) The ringer is almost always left on silent; hence, I never hear it ringing to
     answer it; and 3) Stopping my shower to answer the cell phone? …see 1 & 2.
Like that feeling you get when the phone rings in the middle of the night, I have this sudden concern wash over me (no pun intended) and feel the urge to at least see who's calling.  I jump out of the shower, clumsily dry myself off, then hop to look at the phone.  The number was unfamiliar.
     *One more thing you need to know: 4) I never answer the phone when I don't know the number.
I answer it.  "Heidi?" "Yes?" "This is Katie from Glen Meadows, I'm not sure if you know me…" "Yes, of course, Katie! How are you?" "I'm great! I heard you're adopting a girl here pretty soon, and am part of the quilter's club at the church.  We were talking about you all and were wondering if we could bless her with a quilt?"

No joke.

Isn't this incredible?!  I was instantly convinced that our God isn't just a God of Mountains…but of Molehills, too.  And they are just as important to Him as they are to us!  Once again, it has been confirmed to us that He adores you and yearns for that to be confirmed to you!!! We are so excited to see what else He's got up His Sleeve….  In the meantime, I look forward to reading all of the prayers our family and friends write over you <3

1 Thess. 3:9 (NIV)