Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Our Grace es su Grace

"Gazing at that mound of pain, I consider that I never thought I'd experience this kind of moment. All of the pain, regret and damage in my life is laid out in front of me.  All that has caused shame and condemnation.  All that has caused me to pretend and impress and yearn for control.  All that has broken my heart and His.  But now I'm viewing it with Jesus' arm around me!  He's been holding me with utter delight, all with my sin right here in our midst, never allowing it between us.  He wants to know me in the midst of this, not when I get it cleaned up.  I know now if this mound is ever to shrink, it'll be by trusting this moment for the rest of my life. ...

Whenever you're tempted to think you don't belong, that you've failed too often, failed too big, or are not meant to be close to God--just then, someone, maybe sitting very close to you will smile and kindly say, 'That's all you got!!!?'  It's their way of saying, 'You're welcome here'" (p.24-25, 27, The Cure: What if God isn't Who you think He is, and you aren't either).  

I pray that we can successfully show you a love like His, Sweet Girl;  that we're given plenty more opportunities to hold you with utter delight, all with your sin right in our midst, never allowing it between us.  Because, the truth is, we want to know you in the midst of this...not when you get it cleaned up!!! We look at your mistakes, your regrets, and we think, That's all you got!!!? Because we're no different, no better.  We've felt a same sort of pain and the relentless regret that comes with failing...

You'll always be welcome here, Lucy.  With us  <3