Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

In Jesus' Name

*Based on Acts 20

I praise You, God, for all of the time we did get to spend with Lucy.
I praise You for the opportunity to humbly serve You, "often with tears in my eyes" (v.19).
I praise You for the challenge to serve even during these difficult times when she seeks/sought our downfall.
I praise You that we never avoided telling her anything that would help her (v.20).
I praise You for the confidence You gave me that last night with her to speak truth...to warn her that she needed to change the way she thought and acted and genuinely believe in You and the life You have for her.
"I didn't avoid telling [her] the whole plan of [Yours]" (v.27), Lord.
"I know that fierce wolves will come"; "Some...men will come forward and say things that distort the truth"; may she be alert, Holy Spirit! Remind her of any remnant of Your love that we managed to show despite our failing flesh so she won't be lured completely away.  Remind her that an enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy the glorious plans You have for her, but in Jesus' Name please show her that enemy was never us.
I praise You for being faithful to Your Promises to protect us and for delivering us from a much worse fate because of her growing pains/wayward season...from unfairly losing custody of our biological children or even imprisonment.
I praise You, Lord God of the Angel Armies, that You've given us permission to let go and to entrust Lucy to You and Your message that tells of just how kind You are.  I pray Your Word helps her grow deeper, fully releasing her from all that's binding her from receiving the inheritance, the freedom, that is shared by all of us who love You and who love her (v.32).
You know our hearts, Father.  You know we never wanted anything from her (v.33).  We pursued her adoption for no other reason than to please You and to give her a better chance at a blessed life...a safe life.
I praise You for showing us, through the wise words of a sweet woman who has walked in our exact shoes, that we didn't fail.  That we accomplished just that.
I praise You for Your graciousness to bring Lucy here, to America, to soften her fall.
I praise You for the hard work it was to bring her home, to adjust as a new family, and now...to surrender it all to You.
In all of this, You showed me that "Giving gifts is more satisfying than receiving them".
I praise You, Jesus, for this chance to move on. I don't know what will happen to us now, but I already praise You for Your Spirit's awareness to proceed with caution.
More suffering may await us, "But I don't place any value on my own life.  I want to finish the race I'm running.  I want to carry out the mission I received from [You], Jesus--the mission of testifying to the Good News of [Your] kindness" (v.24).

Amen.