Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Who Holds Tomorrow

No Dark Days

"Such light, such joy flows out from this house. It affects all who come here.  Do not feel that you have to try and help them. Just love them, welcome them, shower little courtesies and love-signs on them, and they must be helped.
Love is God. Give them Love, and you give them God. Then leave Him to do His Work. Love all, even the beggars. Send no one away without a word of cheer, a feeling that you care. I may have put the impulse to come here into some despairing one's heart. Think if you failed Me! Besides, you have no choice. You told Me it was My Home. I shall use it. Remember this. There would be no dark winter days were Love in the hearts of all My children.
Oh! My children, can you not feel the joy of knowing, loving, and companying with Me?"

"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Roman 13:10


From 365 One-Minute Meditations: God Calling edited by A.J. Russell. ©2008 by John Hunt Publishing Ltd., New Alresford, Hants, UK. All rights reserved. No part may be reproduced without written permission from John Hunt Publishing Ltd, The Bothy, Deershot Lodge, Park Lane, Ropley, Hampshire, SO24 0BE, UK. Sent from the God Calling Devotional. For devotionals like this one for your iPhone, visit us at 43rdElement.com


     The day you left, Dad and I had made an offer on a new home.  It was baffling to us then...the awful timing of it all...but now it makes complete sense.  We needed a fresh start and God went before us yet again.  This sweet spot deep in the country has been the sanctuary we've needed.  The beauty, the solitude has initiated our hearts' rest...our hearts' healing.  
I can't lie to you.  At this moment...right now...I want nothing more than to protect our new place.  I'm even hesitant to share our whereabouts, not because I don't want you to come back to us but because I don't want the spiritual warfare that came with you before to violate the sense of peace and security that's been restored here.  Yet, despite all of my fears and concerns, God is clearly calling me to acknowledge that this home and our current state of being isn't ours to control, to share, or not to share.  We belong to Him, and all that we have belongs to Him.  We surrendered all: our family, our home, and even our well-being...and now we're being asked again and again to put our money where our mouth is...to practice the faith we preach. 
     As I've said and written before, you are not our enemy, Sweet Girl, and we aren't yours. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...the authorities,...the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Eph.6:12).  Your actions have undeniably wounded each of us, but by the power of Christ we're still standing firm and holding fast to God's Promises.  We will continue to reach out to you, to "shower little courtesies and love-signs" on you when and however we can to give you His Love that knows no limit.  And should He choose to use this home...should His Holy Spirit put "the impulse to come here into [your] despairing heart"...we trust He'll also fill us with the impulse to receive you with open arms...just as He would.  In the suffering, we won't stop choosing to love you, Lucy.... 
With a love like His.

Mom

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live for day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For it's skies may turn to gray
I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what lies ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined
There the sun is always shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
-Alison Krauss, I Know Who Holds Tomorrow